Progress this week has been steadily made on my Fintry cardigan. It’s been the one crafting piece that has held my attention all week, other than my book but that is a story for another day. I was nearing the end of the bust increases last week and needed to then cast on the sleeves. I did this and completed both sleeves and joined them into the body of the cardigan and I’m now working on the yoke.
I must admit while this has kept me company all through the third and final week of the Tour de France my mind has wandered to my next project. I’d like to get the swatch done so that I’m ready to move straight into the next project. I’m in two minds as to whether I now want to make the Lichen. This is the yarn I have for it and it’s ready to cake up and swatch but during the week I decided I really wanted to knit a Cumulus Blouse, this I don’t have the yarn for yet, it is ordered, but then I liked the look of the No Frills Sweater and think it could also suit this yarn that I had originally intended for the Lichen. So now I’m in two minds about the Lichen and the No Frills Sweater. I will be knitting the Cumulus Blouse though for definite as I think it’s a piece that will slot in seamlessly into my me made wardrobe.
My sewing projects went a little slower this week than expected. Home improvements were going on all week in the hallway with the removal of tiles and putting down of a new floor. There was so much dust from the removal of the tiles I seemed to spend most of my time cleaning down surfaces and the dust is still there! This is the one thing I dislike about home improvements, the mess it makes. It meant though that my sewing had to take a back seat so I only got the seams on my A-Line skirt done. An hour or so this week should see the remainder of it finished and then I can move onto completing the Margot pyjamas.
Yesterday I did have the opportunity to take a local sewing class to make a Simple Summer Dress. The class was in the same place where I learned to make the above A-Line Skirt and some other pieces and it was an all day class from 10am – 3pm. It was lovely having such a long spell of undisturbed sewing time. In my dress I inserted some facing all round the neck and armhole so I didn’t need to use binding like some of the other versions but this did take a little longer and was a new skill to me. It was great picking up this skill as some tops are the next thing to move onto making for my wardrobe after the pyjamas. With this extra step it did mean I didn’t quite finish my dress but all that remains is one seam and the hem something I can complete in my own time at home here. I’m going to spend half a day this week finishing off these projects before moving on.
There will be a project focus post for each of these finished items once they are complete and I will talk more then about what I did in the making of the items and any changes I made.
This leaves my list looking like this;
Year of Projects 2018-2019 List
- Fintry – started July 7th
- Braid Hills
- Mae Cardigan
- A-Line summer skirt – started July 19th
- Margot Pyjamas – started July 19th
- Hollyburn skirt
- Scout Tee
- Cinema Dress
- Apron Dress
- Cuff Top
- New Look 6500
- New Look 6125
- New Look 6176
- New Look K6513
- Kabuki Tee
- Metamorphic Dress
- Stasia Dress and Tee
- The Matcha Top
- Aida Top
- Mimi Blouse
- Simple Summer Dress – started July 28th
- My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth – started July 16th
You can follow along with my knitted YOP 8 projects HERE
You can find the YOP group and weekly posts HERE