This week has been a week of two halves. In the first part of the week I made great progress, then the second half of the week got busy with family life and comings and goings and so very little progress was made on anything.
The Aster cardigan was finished and cast off. But I haven’t had a moment in the last couple of days to get sitting down to put the seams in. Last week I realised I forgot to link to blog post on how to do that so HERE is the blog post for you to read. I’m hoping later today I get the chance to start putting in those seams as all that will remain after that is the blocking and it will be complete and ready to wear. I don’t have a picture to share as it really hasn’t changed much from last week.
I did spend a chunk of time last Sunday working on the Hollyburn skirt. I cut, sewed and added in the lining and put in an invisible zip all of which were new techniques to me so took some time, specially the zip part where I had to take the zip out twice before I got the waistband lined up correctly. The waistband has since been sewn down and topstitched and tabs have been added as I liked the look of these rather than belt loops. All that remains is the hem of both the skirt and lining but I wanted to try it on and measure so I had a midi length Hollyburn skirt. Oh! I also made a size smaller than normal so was a little nervous about whether it would fit right now or later on in my weight loss journey. I’m so pleased to say it fits now! This is going to be hemmed early this week, I can’t wait to wear it!
So with all those done I turned my attention back to some knitting and what project I might cast on. The children have been wanting some handknit socks so I cast on a pair for my youngest daughter Evelyn. She is not a girly girl and chose this stripped yarn for her socks. I’ve added in a German Short Row heel, which isn’t visible in this pic, in a turquoise blue to not disturb the stripes and she wants a shortie sock so this sock will be off the needles today with the next cast on immediately. This won’t take long!
I haven’t gotten a pair of socks made in February for my box of socks so after Evelyns socks are done I think I might cast those on. I’m not really wanting a pair done each month, it’s more just about having 12 done by the end of the year so I think it will even itself out as I swap between garments and socks. Plus I haven’t quite decided what my next garment is going to be or with what yarn so socks it is.
So there you have the update for the week. Somewhat exciting. The list looks like this;
Year of Projects 2018-2019 List
Fintry– started July 7th – finished August 9th Lichen– started August 11th – finished October 10th Bentley
Coloring– started January 1st – finished January 20th Aster– started January 27th – finished February 26th Cumulus Blouse– started October 20th – finished December 20th
- Mae Cardigan
A-Line summer skirt– started July 19th – finished July 30th Margot Pyjamas– started July 19th – finished August 11th
- Hollyburn skirt started February 12th –
- Scout Tee
- Cinema Dress
- Apron Dress
- Cuff Top
- New Look 6500
- New Look 6125
- New Look 6176
- New Look K6513
- Kabuki Tee
- Metamorphic Dress
- Stasia Dress and Tee
- The Matcha Top
- Aida Top
- Mimi Blouse
Simple Summer Dress– started July 28th – finished July 30th
My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth– started July 16th – FROGGED Sock #1– started August 10th – finished August 26th Sock #2– started August 30th – finished September 30th Sock #3– started October 11th – FROGGED Sock #4– started November 4th – finished December 6th Sock #5– started November 17th – FROGGED Sock #6– started December 10th – finished December 30th Sock #7– started January 4th – finished January 27th
- Sock #8 – started
You can find the YOP group and weekly posts HERE